Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Today is Always Better than Tomorrow!

Because I'm awesome at posting in a timely manner....I decided to post today.

I'll be honest.  I like my outfit and wanted to show the world.  I also wanted to let world of stay at home moms and work from home moms know that just because you work from home does not mean you can look the same from when you got out of bed to the time you went to bed.

I am fortunate enough to have a job and a boss (hi hubby) that allows me to work from home whenever I feel like it.  I also have an office on site that allows me to wear whatever I want as well.  I'm the boss of myself....sort of (hi hubby).

Cute doggies make the pictures even better!
One thing I have learned in the last several years of actually having a paid job is that my wardrobe actually has an impact on my performance.  When I stay in my pajamas because I'm tired and lazy, I work in a tired and lazy manner.  Even if I am feeling tired and lazy, but I get dressed and put on jewelry or makeup (I only do both if I have a meeting....with someone other than my boss (hi hubby))  I am so much more productive when I take the time to do my hair and get dressed in something nice.  It encourages me to not take a nap (mess up my hair).  I feel professional!  Which of course I am with a job and a boss (hi hubby).  I feel like doing something and maybe even going out.  I got dressed, I might as well make sure the world knows that I took the time and effort to do that!

So...if you had a late night, or kids up puking, or are just plain tired because your kids were home yesterday on holiday...aka MLK day, GET DRESSED!!  It's my best advise for the day.


Even if the day is almost done.  It's never too late to do it either.  


I like to take selfies and send to my boss (hi hubby) to show that I was already super productive with my day by getting dressed!

PS...My husband gets home late tonight so I will not look like this by the time he gets home.  Another reason to send pretty pictures of yourself all dressed up to your husband.  He said "you look sharp!"  I'll take it!!!


Sources:
Blouse, Sweater, and Jeans:  Target-  At least last year.  I'm thrifty ;)
Boots:  http://us.hunterboots.com/female-tall-rain-boots/womens-original-tall-rain-boot/black/283  
Socks:  Target (christmas present from hubby!)
Necklace:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/144961565575/
Purse:  http://www.solesociety.com/rowan-navy-stripe.html





No comments:

Post a Comment